This article examines the impact of crowdfunding on journalism, drawing on data from an early crowdfunding site called Spot.Us. This was to my knowledge the first academic article published about crowdfunding in journalism.
- Crowdsourcing in Open Journalism: Benefits, Challenges, and Value Creation
- Motivation Factors in Crowdsourced Journalism: Social Impact, Social Change, and Peer Learning
- The impact of crowdfunding on journalism: Case study of Spot.Us, a platform for community-funded reporting
- Crowdsourcing as a Knowledge Search Method in Digital Journalism: Ruptured Ideals and Blended Responsibility
- The Role of Crowdfunding as a Business Model in Journalism: A Five-Layered Model of Value Creation